Join us for the 2018 KDC Fall Seminar, Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon. Jarad Key, along with the YLS he currently leads, has organized the following program for the Thursday afternoon session:
- Pete Palmer of Pete Palmer Law, New Albany, IN: Successful Tactics for Mediation
- Jeff Mando of Adams, Stepner, Woltermann & Dusing, PLLC, Covington, KY: Successful Openings and Closings
- Tracy Prewitt of O'Bryan, Brown & Toner, Louisville, KY: Taking and Defending Deposition
A cocktail reception will immediately follow the last program on Thursday.
Our Community Outreach Committee will be collecting school supplies on Thursday and Friday for the Fayette County Public School system. There are three ways to contribute:
- You can donate through Amazon. Just click on this link https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/giftlist/2ZP5C8UWRT4T1?ref=cm_go_nav_hz, select what you want to purchase, click to have it shipped to Darrin Banks -- and your donation is on its way!
- You can bring your donation to the seminar (here is a recommended list of items received from FCPS FCPS School Supply List August 2018.docx); or,
- You can ship them prior to the seminar to Darrin Banks at Porter, Schmitt, Banks & Baldwin, 121 Prosperous Place, Suite 10, Lexington, KY 40509. Questions may be sent to email@example.com
KDC Sponsors will be available on Thursday and most of Friday to discuss your legal needs. Please take a moment to stop by and visit with the KDC sponsors and thank them for their continued sponsorship of KDC. They are an important part of our continual growth.
On Friday morning, from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., there will be a gathering of KDC members who are interested in participating in the Women in the Law Committee. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Beth Lochmiller at firstname.lastname@example.org
KDC Vice President, Claire Parsons, has organized the Friday session of CLE, which includes 1.0 hour of ethics. On Friday, KDC will welcome Stephen D. Easton, University of Wyoming College of Law, Laramie, WY. Steve has been hired through the Professional Education Group, who provided us with outstanding presenters in Michael Cash, Andrew Small and Susan Jones; all of these speakers were over-the-top presenters and provided quality handout materials. Steve's presentations will be broken up into two categories:
Dyamite Handling of Expert Witnesses
Thinking Inside the Box: Building Strong Relationships with Jurors
- Find, engage, qualify and use powerful experts
- Exploit your expert's knowledge to enhance your own credibility
- Ask powerful cross-examination questions the take opposing expert witnesses squirm
- Lear to avoid common credibility-destroying mistakes
The Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon will be held on Friday from 12:00 to 1:15.
- Increase the odds that jurors choose you ... while you are choosing them
- Personalize the "blind date" of void dire, and make it enjoyable for jurors and for you!
- Use the judge's credibility to enhance your own credibility
- Use innovative, powerful techniques to leverage your relationships during trial.
Application for a total of 9.0 hours of CLE, including 1.0 ethics credit, has been made to the Kentucky Bar Association, Indiana Commission on CLE, Ohio Supreme Court Commission on CLE, Tennessee Commission on CLE, and the West Virginia Bar Association.
Any questions? Feel free to contact the KDC office at KY.Def.Csl@att.net.